I opened my trading & demat account in Zerodha in 2016 after research a lot. It’s very easy to get a demat and trading account with Zerodha. I was not found anywhere these types of easy user interface like Zerodha kite platform. So according to my personal opinion, Zerodha provide the best demat and trading account in India. I started to invest in the stock markets through Zerodha Kite App to check the reliability of Zerodha.
1. Zerodha Demat and Trading Account
Zerodha is the largest & the best discount broker in India having 1+ million clients with 10% of daily retail trading volumes in NSE, BSE, and MCX. Zerodha is best for small traders, as well as investors for their minimum charges of brokerage. The maximum brokerage rate is 0.01% or Rs 20 per trade ( which is lower ).
The main benefit of investor comes from derivatives/equity, Zerodha has declared zero brokerage charges on delivery or equity investments. In every aspects Zerodha claim the position of best online trading platform in India.
[ Quick Application Link ]
Advantages Provides by Zerodha For Their Valuable Users
- Delivery/equity investments is totally free. Nothing to be brokerage charge on delivery.
- Minimum brokerage charges is limit less per transaction. it can be Rs 0.
- Maximum brokerage charge is also awesome. Flat Rs 20 per transaction or 0.01% of transaction volume , which is less. So, we can say Zerodha claim the lowest brokerage charges in India.
- Provide a margin 20 times for equity intraday and 70 times for Nifty and Bank Nifty.
Account Opening Charges in Zerodha
- Trading Account Opening Charges ( one time) – Nil
- Demat Account Opening Charges ( one time) – Rs 300 ( Discount Available )
- Trading Account Maintenance Charges (AMC) – Rs 0
- Demat Account Maintenance Charges (AMC) – Rs 300 per year
Zerodha Brokerage Charges ( Calculator )
- Equity Investment/Delivery- Nil ( Zero)
- Equity Intraday- 0.01% or Rs 20/per trade whichever is less
- Equity Futures- 0.01% or Rs 20/per trade whichever is less
- Equity Options- flat Rs 20 per trade.
Zerodha Trading Platforms
- Zerodha kite 3.0: Zerodha Kite Web as same as the Kite mobile application, but on the large display. This platform user generally love to simplicity and easy to work in their trading life..
- Zerodha Kite App: Our digital life is feeling handicraft without a smartphone. Zerodha thinks about it and introduces Zerodha Kite App for mobile traders who have no time to stick with the system (Laptop or Desktop). Read more..
- Zerodha Pi: Zerodha Pi is a next generation trading platform and the core of Zerodha trading. ( Download Zerodha Pi Software Latest Version )
2. Upstox Demat & Trading Account
Upstox is also a discount broker in India with low brokerage charge and high margins. It’s a good platform for trading after Zerodha. While Upstox charges Rs 20 is the minimum/fix rate per trade, Zerodha has no minimum limit. In the other hand, the maximum charges are Rs 20 for both Zerodha and Upstox.
Upstox Account Opening Fee & Charges
- Equity Demat and Trading A/C opening fee – Rs. 300
- Commodity Trading Account opening fee – Rs. 150
- Annual Maintenance Charges –Rs. 150
Upstox Brokerage Charges
|Equity Delivery||Rs. 0|
|Equity Intraday||Lower of Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.01%|
|Equity Futures||Lower of Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.01%|
|Equity Options||Rs. 20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures & Options||Lower of Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.01%|
|Commodity F&O||Lower of Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.01%|
Advantages of Upstox Trading Account
- Free equity investment, no brokerage charges for delivery.
- 2nd best trading platforms. ( #1 is Zerodha )
- Fix Rs 20 brokerage charges for any volume.
Disadvantages of Upstox Trading Account
- You can’t invest to IPO and FPO
3. 5Paisa Demat and Trading Account
5Paisa offers the best deals for their users. 5 Paisa beat other trading companies with respect to brokerage charges. It takes fix Rs 10 charges for per trade. No matter how much your trading volume, always the charges will be fixed to Rs 10, not depending on any percentage of the transaction.
Benefits Of 5Paisa Trading Account
- You can Invest in Mutual Funds and insurance through your 5Paisa account.
- Save 100% on account opening charges – A saving of Rs. 650
- Maintenance Charges – Rs. 45 per month ( 12*45=540 yearly )
5paisa Account Opening Charges
|Trading Account Opening Charges||₹650|
|Trading Annual Maintenance Charges ( AMC )||₹0 (Free)|
|Demat Account Opening Charges||₹0 (Free)|
|Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges ( AMC )||₹400|
You can save more money from your trade charges by opening 5Paisa demat and trading account.
Available Margin Provided by 5paisa
|Equity Intraday||Upto 15 times|
|Equity Delivery||5 times|
|Equity Futures||2 times|
|Equity Options||2 times|
|Currency F&O||2 times|
5Paisa Brokerage Charges
|Equity Intraday||Rs 10 per executed order|
|Equity Delivery||Rs 10 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||Rs 10 per executed order|
|Equity Options||Rs 10 per executed order|
|Currency F&O||Rs 10 per executed order|
5Paisa Trading Platforms
5Paisa provide you two types of trading platforms to trade online.
- Investor Terminal: This is a web-based trading platform generally used for low volume trades.
- Trader Terminal: This is a trading software provided by 5Paisa to trade a high volume of trades.
5paisa trader terminal download ( Download Link )
4. Angel Broking Demat and Trading Account
Angel Broking is the oldest brokerage company in India, established in 1987. In 2019 Angel Broking reached more than 400+ cities and providing service to more than 1+ million clients in India with great customer support service.
Open a trading account with Angel Broking become easy when your Aadhaar card is linked with your mobile number. You can start trading with Angel Broking trading service just after validate your Aadhaar information by OTP.
Is your Aadhaar linked with mobile number? If not linked your Aadhaar with a mobile number then you have to visit nearest Angel Broking branch to open an account. ( My suggestion is: linking your Aadhaar with mobile number. It’s easier than visit a branch and open a trading account manually. )
Angel Broking Trading Platforms
- Angel Eye: Angel Eye is a web-based trading platform available with portfolio tracking and updated quotes facilities. It also provides current market information and live news.
- Angel Broking App: This is a mobile app for the same. By Angel Broking app you can easily track market prices and your portfolio.
- Angel Speed Pro: This is a trading software provided by Angel Broking company to trade using computer & laptop by installing the software. Angel Speed Pro comes with 30 days intraday and 20 years of historical data.
Advantages of Angel Broking Service
- Margin provided up to 10 times of the amount deposit.
- Free SMS advisory service for 3 months.
- You can start trading within 1 hour through digital KYC.
Account Charges of Angel Broking
- Trading Account Opening Charges: Nil.
- Demat Account Opening Charges: Nil.